Friday, May 25, 2012

Running from scissors


I've made a terrible mistake: I tried to trim my kid's hair and I effed it up. This is not really the first time this has happened either. In fact, I should know better. I am not even sure why after the last time I effed it up, that I decieded to try it again. Clearly, hair trimming is not my best domestic trick (I cook a fantastic soup!).

It all starts out so innocently. Oh, look at my flaquito's hair. It's falling in his eyes! Just a quick trim won't hurt. I make the trim and satisfied with the instant results and complete absence of catastrophy, I press on. I continue the trim...every time! I never quit while I'm ahead with the trim. I should probably never start. Some people are great at this. I admire you people and that is why you are paid handsomely. I am not one of these good-with-scissors-types and I have no interest in changing that. I have many other useful party tricks. Have I mentioned the soup?

I must resist picking up those scissors again. P.S. We got it fixed by a skilled tradesman.

No comments: