Thursday, May 24, 2012

The many moods



Mood boards have taken the blog world by storm. I just got access to some nice design software and I'm trying to learn how to use it, so I made this mood board for a little cycling season style inspiration.

I'm outfitting my bike with yellow accents this spring because:

A) Ain't nothing wrong with looking good.
B) Easy to identify if stolen.
C) I need a new rear tire anyway because the one I put on last season was a tire-shaped piece of garbage.

I'm pretty sure I saw a guy bring a stolen bike into a shop last week. He came in on this very expensive, Felt junior road bike, which he looked ridiculous trying to walk with because it was so tiny and he was so adult-sized. He asked the bike shop guys for a pump to fill the tires, but couldn't figure out the bike's presta valves. All the while, he kept asking the shop guys if it was a nice bike. I had a pretty bad feeling about it since it seemed like such a shady situation. It bummed me out to think of some kid getting their sweet bike stolen from their garage, or worse, bike-jacked. I hope this never happens to my bike, which I love, so I'm going to make my already unique bike just a little more custom. This effort won't guarantee it theft-proof, but it will make it easy to spot in case it is stolen.

2 comments:

Alicia Patrice said...

i ran out in the middle of a yoga class to stop a guy from stealing one of my student's front wheels. in broad daylight! not cool!

Anonymous said...

i was on the train a couple of months ago and an older shady looking dude got on with a fixed gear bike. so many alarm bells went off. i covertly took a photo and sent it to a friend of mine who is a fixie riding freak and knows tons of riders. i figured at least if anyone posted on a board or email list that someone stole their bike from that part of brooklyn that they would have a pic of the guy.