
Though I knew I'd have a bit of hair loss after Ira was born, I didn't think it would be so much! Every day when I comb my hair, I end up with a big pile of strands. It's even worse when I wash it. I find hairs everywhere. They're all over my pillow, all over the bathroom floor, sometimes wrapped around little Ira's hand. I'm amazed that I have any left at all. But there it is, thank goodness. And it still feels like I have a ton left. So glad I didn't have hair loss as bad as Britney's.
Ira had his 4 month check up today. He's 12 pounds, 12 ounces and 25.25 inches tall. The doctor says he's a little feather weight, but not to be worried. She also gave me some devastating orders. I must go without cheese for 3 weeks. I know! I'm not taking this well. You don't really want to know why, but it's for the good of the kid. Cheese makes up a huge portion of my diet. I have no idea what I'm going to eat if I don't have cheese! I might have to start eating....soy cheese.
4 comments:
Wow, he's the teeniest clanger!
What's his percentile? Beanie was 50th for the longest time and then suddenly she was 20th. The doc remained unconcerned even though I was all "we could add soy protein to her juice or something..." He was all "stop it."
I also got excited when her feet hit size 5, until I realized toddler sizes start at size 6.
We may just have teeny babies and that is okay. They are both uber cuties, so that makes up for it, right?? of course right.
xoa
He's in the 10th percentile for weight and 60-something for height. Little teeny dude :(. Leon was a nice sized baby. I was also a little chunky as an infant, but that's probably because I was exclusively formula fed and my parents started giving me rice cereal and burritos at like 3 months old. Otherwise, I might have been a tiny little twerp. Ira probably got my twerpy genes.
My doc says as long as the kid is growing steadily, they're fine.
xoxoa
ps: my password to post this is "famfag"
I, too, am losing hair at an alarming rate. It's scary!
I wouldn't worry too much about percentiles. They say that those charts are all for formula-fed babies anyway; breastfed babies are naturally leaner. Of course, I'm not worried yet because A. doesn't go in for his 4 mo. appointment until next week - but last month he was only 20th for weight and a Dan-O-Size 90th for height. Poor little string bean...
Sending thick, luxurious thoughts (for us both, actually) your way!
Kisses to Ira!
- HS
Post a Comment