Thursday, August 31, 2006

Off to the Emerald City


I'm leaving on a red eye to Seattle tomorrow morning for Bumbershoot. It's for work, which means I'll be really busy, but I hope I get to catch New Pornographers, CocoRosie, and p:ano while I'm there. I really want to see People Talking and Singing. But it's $30 bucks this year. I know it's a benefit, but I need to save my pennies for my upcoming baby leave. Too bad I can't drink this time while I'm in town because I would have liked to gotten a chi-chi at the Cha-Cha or a nice pint of fresh brewed something-something from McMenamin's. Seattle food has never really impressed me, well except for Cafe Flora and the grilled cheeses at Beecher's, but I do love the local watering holes. Sigh. Anyone want to be pregnant for me for a weekend? If only it were that easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shanghai Garden in Chinatown! Best Chinese food everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... and lots of heathy options.

werenotdeep said...

Hey, you should go say hi to Alan while he's at work while you're there. Easy Street Records, it's on the corner of Mercer and 1st Avenue. I think bumpershoot is right around that neighborhood!

Teeni said...

I know exactly where Easy Street is!