Friday, July 21, 2006

Hot enough to boil a dog's brain


I'm almost ready to wave the white flag to this heat. I can't fight it anymore, it just gets hotter and hotter. Maybe soon I'll learn to like it, or not...but I don't feel like whining about it anymore. It's summertime in Sacramento. Honestly, what do I expect?

This has been a week of pizza for me, eating a slice or two 4 out of the last 5 days and I'm having it again tonight. I sure do love pizza. You know what else I love? Standing in very cold water. I am going to go do some wading and maybe swimming in the river this weekend to take the edge of this weather.

Someone gave me a Long Winters CD a couple of weeks ago. I listened to it twice and found it quite boring. Lately, while tuning in to KEXP online, I keep catching songs that sound like bad Counting Crows and I'm all "WTF?! They can't play this on KEXP!" Then I look at the playlist and see that it's the Long Winters. Major lame!

4 comments:

werenotdeep said...

It's actually gotten cooler day by day this week. The problem is, that it was SOOO hot Sunday and Monday, and the "cooling" has been by just a few degrees per day, it's still not been under 100 any day this week, and that's not cool enough to feel releived, especially when it's day after day after day, so even though technically the temperature is dropping, to our bodies, it feels like it's getting worse and worse, because it's still SOOOO hot, it just fatigues us more and more.

Teeni said...

Oy. Plus it's been kind of humid, so that makes it worse, too. Then at night it's just not cooling off at all. Where's the delta breeze?!

Anonymous said...

I say it's time for your FL vacation! It's still hot here, but we get lots of refreshing summer showers, and it's not hit the triple-digit-mark yet. Plus, you could spend the entire day in our pool - I even got a ride on gator! Just don't dangle your legs in the St.John's river, because I heard on the news today that a real gator ate a little boy's leg. Ow!

Did I mention that we've also got some damn good pizza places here? What else can I tempt you with...?

- hs

Teeni said...

Tell me about it! Actuall, I need to save my precious vacation pay for my leave-time. But I definitely want babies to meet, so let's plan something for next summer.