Thursday, December 01, 2005

10 Best

My favorite things that I heard or saw in the year 2005, unranked because I just can't pick the best.

New Pornographers - Twin Cinema (Matador)

The Clientele - Strange Geometry (Merge)

A Band of Bees - Free The Bees (Astralwerks)

Of Montreal - The Sunlandic Twine (Polyvinyl)

Six Feet Under (HBO)

Fiery Furnaces - EP (Rough Trade)

Dungen - Ta Det Lungt (Kemado)

Smart: Dave Eggers, Sarah Vowell, Daniel Handler (Lemony Snicket), Mike Doughty, and the Transatlantic Orchestra in a Benefit for 826 Seattle (Live show at Bumbershoot 2005)

The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning Strike (Columbia)

TiVo!

2 comments:

beckler said...

I'm glad to see that another person loves Six Feet Under. Smiller watched part of an episode with me and I felt embarrassed that I love it in all it's soap-opera-ness. But it's so good!

Teeni said...

Have you finished it yet? I am halfway into the last Season. It was too easy for me to get absorbed into this show.