
I am so tired of Centro's. Even free Centro's. Even free Centro's potato burritos and free Centro's molcajetes of guac.
A quick wrap of today's unfortunate experience:
At work, when we go for a group lunch, we usually hit Centro's because we have a ton of gift certificates for the Paragary's chain and most everyone likes Mexican food. It's great to be able to eat for free, so you won't find me complaining too much about that. But here's where I'm going to need some cheese with my whine. It's that we've been there so many times this year. Hopefully this last time is enough to change our next outing to Bernardo.
Instead of the papas y rajas burrito I tried the enchiladas de hongos, which I hardly ever get anymore. Total mistake, the sauce was terrible! It was a nice red, which I like, but overly tomato-y and lacked any real depth of flavor, even with the mushrooms in the enchilada filling. I think they used shittake, but I think crimini would have been less chewy. Then our boss dude found a giant piece of glass in his verduras, so he sent it back. When the manager came to our table, he was pretty unsympathetic about the whole thing. "It's actually plastic." The entire incident was kind of tense and weird.
2 comments:
I just go there for the squid salad and tortilla soup, but since you're a veggie, I guess those are out.
I got some ground glass in a mixed blender drink at Sophia's in Davis before and they didn't even give me a free replacement drink (and by that I mean that they replaced it, but still charged me)!
i think that the ground glass thing happened to Maya at Marilyn's too.
oooo, bad service i can sometimes excuse. bad bartending?!? no way!
Post a Comment