Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Myopic.

I got my new glasses yesterday. I tried them on with my contacts on. It was akin to walking around in a fish bowl. At my eye exam, the doctor peers into my eyes with a magnifier and a light strapped to her head. She checks the right eye, moves over to the left and pauses.
"Have you ever had an eye injury caused by debris in your eye?"
"Ummm," I said, remembering a tiny sty I got 2 years ago from sand being kicked in my eye on our engagement trip. "I had sand kicked in my eye 2 years ago."
"That's exactly what it looks like. Sand. Well, you have sand imbedded in your eye still. If it's not bothering you, don't worry about it. Your body may eventually reject it. But if it starts to irritate you, come in and I'll refer you to an opthamologist who can remove it for you."

Eww.




No comments: