Laughing, crying, driving
After a long weekend, driving, playing music, drinking road sodas, staying up all night, eating and generally being social, we were driving home in day old underwear. Our hairs messed up and oily, clothes unkempt and obviously slept in, I was nearly delerious. I wanted badly to be home and showered and rested, but we we'd only started the long, gloomy ride home from the bay area. Leon was eating discounted chewing gum. Chewing up pieces and spitting them out of the car window when they lost their flavors. Real classy.
Me: "Hey, don't do that. A bird could pick that up and choke on it."
Leon: "A bird could pick that up and blow a bubble."
For some reason this struck me as possibly the funniest thing I've heard in months. So I laughed and laughed until I cried. It's a delicious feeling when your emotional reactions get crossed and you have two at once. It's like teetering on a balance beam and you could fall either way. The delight is maintaining the balance and enjoying both together for the weird animal that they become.
No comments:
Post a Comment