Thursday, November 20, 2003

Yeah, me too.

Last night I went to see a movie by myself. I've decided that I like to see movies by myself. It's kind of nice, a treat. Anyway, I saw Pieces of April, which I didn't think I'd like initially because it stars Katie Holmes. I'm not a big fan and I never watched Dawson's Creek. In this movie, she's great. So in the film, the mom has cancer and some of the family is on eggshells about it because it might be the mom's last holiday. The characters and message really hit close to home for me. I could see my sister and I in the siblings. My sister, the first pancake, and me, the good one. I remember going through the same thing in 1996-1998. We were told that my mother would be dead in 2 years. So we had to make the best of the holidays. It was difficult to enjoy ourselves knowing that it could be our last holidays with mom. It's something I'd not like to go through again. Here we are six years later and we still have mom. She's a little different now, but we all are and we still have her.

No comments: