Party lunch
I typically have a bunch of snack foods on hand at work. The vendo is so over priced and chock full of junk, so when I get snacky, I have my snack drawer.
Current inventory includes:
generic triscuts
pita bread
pretzel sticks
instant oatmeal packets
microwave popcorn
and a cup of dehydrated split pea soup
in the fridge I have:
string cheese
hummus
fruit and veggies
veggie burger patties
So today, with nothing better to eat for lunch, I had hors d' oeuvres. Cheese cubes, pita, hummus, carrot sticks, apples and peanut butter. Something happens to food when it's chopped into bite-size pieces and served on a giant plate. 16 essential party vitamins are unleashed. It was so party-like that I instantly became exhausted after lunch time and I fell asleep at my desk for about five minutes. I woke up and my hair was all tousled. Party hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment