A Happy Accident
Last night I went to my (supposed) spanish meet up at the True Love. It was starting to cool off finally, so I decided to walk the two whole blocks. On the way I thought I saw Jana riding by on a red bike. I waved enthusiastically and the girl, who was probably not Jana, grinned at me akwardly. I will blame that one on my aging contact lenses, which, because of this situation, I promptly changed this morning to a fresh pair. At any rate, I showed up to the coffee house a full five minutes early. Kelly, the host was no where to be seen inside. Instead, there stood a circular formation of stuffy old people. Some of them had beards. This certainly didn't look like the spanish meet-up folks, nor were they speaking spanish, so I wandered outside towards the sidewalk again. I must have looked lost because a girl sitting at a full table next to me said,
"Are you here for the meet-up?"
"Yeah," I said and smiled. I pulled up a chair and I introduced myself to everyone at the table. We all talked for a little bit about this and that. Then the girl asked me if I had attended the last meeting, to which I replied that I had and then told them how it was a little akward for me last time and how I'd hoped that more people would have shown up.
"Wait," the girl said. "Where did you meet?"
"Here," I said.
"Hmm. Last month we met at Fox & Goose." She replied.
"Oh. Is there more than one meet-up group?" I asked, thinking that the reason only three of us turned up at the last spanish meeting was perhaps because we were at the wrong venue.
"More than one Athiest meet-up?"
"Oh! I'm here for the spanish meet-up!" We all chuckled. I ended up at the wrong table. "Well, I certainly qualify for this meeting," I said, "but I really came to practice my spanish, so I'll be looking for the rest of my group." I took another spin around the coffee house and still didn't see anyone I recognized at ten minutes after. Of course that could have been partly because of my foggy contact lenses too. So I decided to enjoy the rest of my unexpectedly free evening eating kung pow tofu at the co-op and picking out a new hair product at Rite-Aid.
No comments:
Post a Comment