Seannery O'Conner
I had a very full, very fun weekend. By Sunday evening I was ready to pass out from exhaustion. On Friday we went to the city for shoe exchanging, Mosquito watching, band noodling and red wine drinking. We managed to do all three before midnight. New shoes: Gola trainers and some Saucony dealies.
A rhyme about my new Golas:
I got some Golas
But I'm not a chola
On Friday, I'm going to see my Yo La
Tengo
And when you see me in the club you can say hello!
Saturday we went to Grass Valley for excessive ingesting and sleeping outside. I ingested and partook in so many indulgencies that I told everyone that the guy from London reminded me of Seannery O'Conner. I don't think he heard me. After that, we happened upon a carton of rocky road ice cream in the forest. It was such a divine happening that we all had to eat a scoop. The food, beer and everything else managed to get the best of us eventually and the four of us retired to a two person tent. Somebody snored, somebody farted and everyone else made condensation on the inside of the tent skin.
We woke up and went for a drive to the Yuba river. The drive was wonderful, except for the part where we almost got killed in a head-on collision. The river was swift and cold so I only waded in and sunned my pale skin for a little while. It was nice. Then we drove home. I visted with my family for a while and ate some food. Sometimes they drive me completely crazy and I can hardly stand it. This time they were all suprisingly tollerable so I stayed for a couple of hours. And I still had time for band practice.
It was a whirlwind. And now I'm ready to relax.
No comments:
Post a Comment