Thursday, April 11, 2002

Burny Eye.



My contacts are terrible to begin with. The perscription is at least two years old and so are the contacts themselves. I wouldn't even call them contacts anymore. They're more like blury sheets of gum that go on my eyeballs and help me see things past arm's length but not much farther beyond.
So last night I was chopping jalepenos for some salsa I'm brewing for a potluck tomorrow. The juice and smell got all over my fingers. So I washed my hands a few times with one of those stainless steel bars of "soap." I knew it wasn't working too well, so I had Leon remove my contacts for me for the night. I thought my fingers would be much better in the morning, after another bout with the stainless steel soap and a shower. I found out the burny eye, hard way that it didn't work. Now my most important contact is ruined, the right one. That's the eye that's the worst! I'm having to wear my left contact and glasses today, just to see well enough to drive. Uggh, now I have to go all the way out to Arden for my eye doctor.
I'm practically blind!!

No comments: