Thursday, March 14, 2002

Food now.



I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich, something awful. I've been terrible about eating and working out. I eat junk, drink too much beer and don't exercise at all. I feel crappy. Just yesterday I had the worst case of acid tummy. I came home and slept from 4:30 - 8:30. I dreamed about car chases and scottish accents. I woke up calling to the cats: Yer ma little bairns!
I woke up and shuffled over to Dan & Heather's for party planning. Leon was there helping Dan with record label stuff. Heather cooked us a curry and we watched on tv, once famous celebrities duking it out. It was kind of sad, but still entertaining. I felt especially bad for Tanya Harding, who seems to have the worst judgement ever. I guess I can't feel that bad for her. I read on some other web page about a girl that says she absorbs sadness. I think I absorb guilt and humility. So I soaked up a little of Tanya's as if I obviously can't produce enough on my own.
On Tuesday, we finally went to Lipstick at Old Ironsides. Shaun has been begging me to go for three years or something, but I only just now went. I ran into a lot of people I knew, some I hadn't seen in ages. I felt like I was walking in on a party that everyone I knew went to when I wasn't looking. But kind of in a good way, like: "Oh, I'm supposed to be here, too." Sorry, this is not coming out like I want it to. Maybe it was more like just discovering a bizzaro party world where I knew everyone. Ah'm jus a radge, se dunnae listen tae me. So I drank and mingled and caught up with everyone. I pretended to dance. I had fun, I might go again. Ben, you totally need to go with us next time. It was a tender goldmine.
Here I am now, with the stamp from Tuesday night fading on my hand, still amazed that I've known Shaun since he was 14, and he's totally a man now.
Later.

No comments: