Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life and Times


DOGS! I love these two little puppins. Before getting Rusty, we often fought over who got to cuddle with Heylove while we watched TV at night. Those dark times are no more. I've come down from the mountain on my winged horse to declare in an Oprah-fashion:
"Okay, look under your chairs...everybody gets a Boston!"

Or jeez...something like that.




It doesn't even stop there. I got this funny Valentine's card and two precious Boston salt and pepper shakers. I am totally going to need a curios cabinet for all my terrier treasures when I'm an old lady. It's the sturdy confidence that comes with my mid-thirties age that allows me to be okay with stating things like that. I also hope one day to lead a life that allows me to slow down enough to be able to enjoy my supper at 4:00 p.m. and watch Jeopardy daily. And you thought you knew me.




On with love! I made these little tomato hearts for my tiny's lunch on Valentine's day. He didn't eat them. I guess that's part of being a mom: doing shit that no one notices on a daily basis, since the beginning of time. Well, at least I photographed it and received loads of appreciation from my internet friends.




I think it's because he's so busy making plans for world domination, that he doesn't have time to eat twee cherry tomatoes.
1. Make a Volcno-shped mound of flavo.
2. Sell idea to Taco Bell.
3. Profit.

I wrote 2 and 3, in case it wasn't clear.



This is not the best picture, I mean I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win a Pulitzer for it. But it was an excellent pizza from Pizza Rock. We've been there maybe three times in the last 4 weeks. As FLAMES, ROCK AND ROLL and TRUCK BURSTING OUT OF THE WALL it is, the pizza is actually pretty good. I like it anyway. Tiny loves it for the capitalized reasons mentioned above.




Some friends took us to KP International, a double-sized grocery store with food from just about everywhere. We picked up a few really tasty things, but these cookies were not one of them. I have a friend who taught English in Japan and she told me what Kancho means. Trust me, you do not want a cookie that has anything to do with Kancho.


Well, that was fun. I don't know why I don't come here more often.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've not seen the Kancho Cookies at KP International, but having had them explained to me before by the Katymonster, those aren't cookies I'd want to eat. Otherwise I love that store, even if they haven't done anything else for the Korean Day Spa besides putting up a sign.

Anonymous said...

I thought that said a volcano sized mound of fro-yo and was all for that! Can't sell that to Taco Bell tho...