Thursday, April 19, 2012

Phoning it in series


Occasionally I update you with some gems from my phone. Mostly I take pictures of grocery lists (I can't even justify why this makes sense when I think about it), blurry things that are supposed to be Ira, and things I want to remember for later, only I never remember them and then I'm left trying to figure out why I saved two pictures of a Cliff bar. Oh, the Cliff bars I have known! Here are a couple of things I actually recalled the signifigance of.




You're either a Gunther's or Vic's person. We're Gunther's people. Here is Ira at Gunther's over spring break. I asked to take this picture. I don't even know why I ask! The answer is always "noooo, mom!" I took the picture anyway and he looks like he's about to pull a Sean Penn and deck me. Whatever. I win.




Back in the days when people had to sign up for landline long distance carriers, I had one that sold my information to AARP and a bunch of other junkmail companies. I have been getting junkmail targeted at old folks for YEARS. At the worst of times, it's a glimpse into the depressing mobility needs of the Ghost of Teeni Yet to Come. Though, I do see myself actually sending away for that free puzzles and games book. At the best of times, I get a windfall of Starbucks cards. Well, that only happened once, but it's worth mentioning. AARP sent a $5 Starbucks card along with information on all my Medicare options. They sent the same letter and card to 4 different combinations of my name. It was great. I used them to try my first (and second and third) pumpkin spice latte! Can you imagine?




Last weekend's weather made for perfect riding conditions. I hit the trail with some buddies and 30 miles later, I felt hungry, worked but also really good. I can't wait to get out there again for some serious riding. That bike trail is a regional treasure.

No comments: