Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday sentiments


None of the Levys wanted to go to our jobs or school today, but we are responsible folks, so here we are toiling away in our usual Monday places.

Ira slyly passed me this note as I was putting together breakfast for him. It says "scooL HoM ✓," as in "no school today, let's stay home." He thinks a written note carries more weight. It does for some things, I suppose, but not today and not for this. When I was a kid, I played sick a lot. I don't know why my parents went along with it, but they did. I can't exactly remember why I never wanted to go to school, but I remember being very shy and easily embarrassed. Luckily, Ira didn't inherit my early social anxieties (I overcame them, I think). He was just really tired this morning. We all were.

No comments: