Thursday, January 13, 2011

I'm not nervous or anything



I lied! I'm totally nervous about my upcoming Lasik surgery. LASERS! EYES!

After going to two different Lasik providers for consultations, I feel like I made the right choice. The place I chose is super clean and the people are nice, which matters a lot to me since I'm going to get my eyes operated on. Plus, I'll go anywhere Jennifer Smith of News 10 recommends! I got my surgery information in the mail yesterday. It's filled with all kinds of helpful info sheets including one called "Don't sue us if we make you blind...on accident or on purpose, with our big, fancy laser that wasn't approved by the FDA to use on anyone's eyes." I'm kidding, of course, but not really far off the mark. One of the after care directions COMMANDS that I do not use any eye make up (not even the eye make up I wear to make it look like I'm not wearing make up!) for an ENTIRE WEEK post surgery. I'm mentally preparing myself for lots of "you look tired/sick/like death/old" comments at work, which is going to be the only place aside from home that you will find me without giant, practical joke-sized sunglasses.

You know what, though? I'll be so glad to be rid of contacts and glasses (until I need glasses again, that is). Those lousy glasses! They make everything seem smaller, even my 4 year old kid, who turns into a wee infant when I wear my specs. Oh, dear. I can't wait to wake up everyday and be able to see beyond the few inches in front of my face.

No comments: