Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Emmmpanada


Emmmpanada
Originally uploaded by riblet.

At first I was a little embarrassed to pick up a box of instant pie crust mix. Just add water! But I quickly got over it when I realized that this box of instant pie crust saved me enough time slaving away in the kitchen, that I could realistically stuff and bake out about 20 mini-spicy "beef" empanadas on a week night. Boo-ya.

Boxed crust! I know. I'm a busy mom and I'm allowed some modern conveniences, however tacky they may be.

Thinking of crust, I am remembering a great Ira quote from a couple of weeks ago.

Me: Ira, what do you want for dinner?
Ira: Pizza crust.

2 comments:

leon said...

They were even better on day 2. Softer from the steam in my bento container. I think these need to be a new Levy family staple.

Anonymous said...

I think the refrigerated box crust is really good! No shame in that game. I even use it for my famous crawfish pie.

-cheapo