Friday, November 20, 2009

This here is me



Since my mom died last month (possibly the worst Friday the 13th ever), I feel like the cat in this photo. I've been scurrying about for the last few weeks making plans for the service and tying up family business. All of this is going on concurrent to my regular life, where I am the living mom. I truly believe that once my grief catches up with me (been having dreams of being chased by grizzly bears and it wasn't hard to figure out what those are about), I'm going to let go of this branch I'm hanging onto. I'm pretty sure there's no cute poster for that.

1 comment:

Snufkin said...

Well I wouldn't say hang in there. But having gone through that fall, let me say that there will be people there to help break your velocity. I found that in the middle of some of the worst pain, there were some very very nice people (including you) whose kindness really touched me.

Also this will sound corny, but there's a line from Northern Exposure where Chris in the Morning is talking about how the experience of getting your heart broken tears you apart but eventually transforms you. I am slowly finding this out. No matter how awful the grief and pain, I am becoming more grateful for it and looking upon it as one of the best lessons that person ever taught me. It's way too long for a blog comment, but know that I'm thinking of you :).