Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Light load



I'm fortunate to have great friends with kind hearts and words. Two thoughts I keep having:
1. Stop feeling so guilty.
2. Make peace with grief.
Bonus: Crack me open a Scrimshaw.

Ugh. Let's lighten the mood around here. Now for the punny farts, I mean funny parts, as someone once said.

Whenever we make a big purchase, not really moneywise, but big in size, I always fret about how we're ever going to get it home in either one of our TINY silver cars. Because how could one POSSIBLY transport a full size sofa without a truck?! However, Leon always comes through with his amazingly compact, metrosexual Volkswagen. In the past this car has held: the aforementioned sofa, the ENTIRE Frenchmen set up plus three adults, a crib, a very big Christmas tree, half of our old apartment, full camping gear for three people and a dog, and that's including a tent for the damn dog. Leon loves to remind me that they don't have SUVs in Germany. They make their Ikea trips in Volkswagens, too.
This picture shows Leon's car loaded up with Ira's new twin-sized, mini loft bed, the accompanying matress and a set of drawers. Yeah, I know. Take it easy.

1 comment:

d.c. said...

i once borrowed my friend's rabbit and could not believe how much shit i could fit in there! it was practically endless! i'm terrible at spatial reasoning so i'm sure that someone with those skills could do even better. hi. did you get my email from last month?