Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Just get me through today and I'll be fine



Check out me and Michael!! We met up at the fair for a quick photo op. I was all, don't be so stiff! That guy works so hard.

Duuuude. I'm so over today! No patience left. Between trying to fill out tedious job applications online with a toddler hanging off my mouse arm and having to clean up more kid pee than I've seen in a long time, I've just about exhausted all my patience reserves. You know you're a parent when you find yourself saying "show mommy how a Transformer pee-pees in the potty!" It's kind of ridiculous, but it works and these days I might try anything that works, including bribe by jellybeans and chocolate chips. I'll be glad when bathroom breaks don't need the big sell anymore. It's one of those things that I try to put into perspective. Like, when Ira is away at college (please, please, please I hope he goes to college), I won't be reminding him every 30 minutes to take a bathroom break. Or at least, someone please stop me if I feel the need to do this.

It's only 3PM and my brain already feels so exhausted. I'd take a nap, but I don't think my mind would stop racing long enough to get some rest. Nor do I think Ira would let me sleep. He's been talking nonstop since he woke up this morning. This kid is the chattiest guy I know! I have no idea where he gets it. Plus, I've got more job searching to do, so I better get on it. One job posting I found today asked for a picture to be emailed with your resume "to facilitate a phone interview." It was for a construction company. For real. I did not apply!

1 comment:

Alice said...

if you're calling Ira every 30 minutes when he's in college to remind him to go to the bathroom, we'll definitely have an intervention.