
Focaccia
Originally uploaded by riblet.
Check it out, check it out, check it out, check it out, check it out, check it out, check it out, check it out!
I made this. It was good, but I don't believe I'll be whipping it up again any time soon. It took two days and a lot of worry. What worries me about bread is that unlike a soup, you can't really taste the dough as you cook and adjust to maximize the success of the end product. You sort of throw the things together, rise, shape, rise and bake it blindly. The control freak in me is having a really hard time accepting this. The mantra I've come up with is: LET GO AND LET DOUGH.
I'm starting to understand that tasty bread calls for an overnight fermentation in the fridge. Oh, and with this loaf, you don't even want to know the calorie count per slice. Let's just say that this bread is baked with more oil than you think is possible. And then you pour more on top of it. The result is a superbly crafted bread, but it leaves a healthy sheen of oil on my fingers, which I'm not ashamed to lick clean.
Oh, bread. I love you like a fat kid loves, well, bread!
3 comments:
Mmmm.
I'll have some, please.
I love your mantra!
Post a Comment