Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm okay


I'm okay
Originally uploaded by riblet.

I went to get a heart monitor today. My ticker has been beating rather crazy since September. I thought maybe I had better get it checked out, you know, just in case. How wacky does this look? I am already having a heart attack trying to figure out how I'm going to keep Ira from trying to peel the sensors off.

So on my way back from the cardiologist, a couple of frat-looking guys are walking towards me. Uggh. I can tell they think they're funny. After they pass me, they yell, "Hey, get a smaller purse!" Um, okay? I know I'm not supposed to respond to comments like that, which is so unfair. I really wanted to stop them and either tell them eff the eff off or at the very least, justify my need for a large purse. They don't know that I am likely to be carrying diapers, wipes, snacks, toys, a hat or whatever whatnots at any given time. I really do need a big purse! I also want to know why calling out my huge bag is even funny. I mean, are they going to bro-up at the frat house later and say to their brothers, "Oh, dude. Brian totally told this chick she needed a smaller purse today. We were hella laughing!" Yeah, dude. A real zinger, wang brain!

I guess this is better than getting catcalls, of which in my life, I've maybe been the recipient of one and I think the guy mistook me for someone else. When men yell at me on the street, I am more likely to hear "excuse me, ma'am, your baby dropped his shoe." Advice on purse size is a new one to me.

3 comments:

Alicia Patrice said...

what's up with your ticker, little cutie?

Alice said...

yeah, are you having irregular heart beats? no bueno.

that is a bizarre thing to say about your purse.

one time i was walking down the street in berkeley and this dude walking by me muttered under his breath just after he got past me "nice tits" which was odd because i was pretty flat-chested back then and i wasn't wearing a scandalous shirt at all. man, can't dudes just keep this shit to themselves??

Shannon said...

Ugh! Those jerks! Too bad you didn't have a dirty diaper in your purse. That would have been a handy thing to throw at them.