Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Is that it?


Loves egg nog!
Originally uploaded by riblet.

I can't believe this year is already over. I just now got used to writing 2008! Now I have to start writing 2009? Oh, brother.

Speaking of brothers. I doubt Ira's ever going to get one, let alone a sister. Does Heylove count? While I love my kid like no other thing in this world, I can't imagine having two of him and not losing my marbles. So the poorly kept secret is out. I've started reading books about raising a well-adjusted only child. Gasp! But what a relief not having to prepare for an encore presentation.

Best quote from Ira this week:
Dad - "Ira, what do baby robots say?"
Ira, in monotone, mock robot voice - "Robot kid!"

This kid is obsessed with robots, all sorts. Some friends turned us on to "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk. He loves the video and asks for it over and over. He dances and rocks along with it. It really makes me laugh wondering what the Ramones or Daft Punk would think if they knew how big they were with the toddler set.

No comments: