
Slurp
Originally uploaded by riblet.
Lately, for reasons of unemployment and the subsequent seeking of employment, I have found myself in several, how should I put this? Okay, I'll say it: "slice of life" situations. This is where you have people from all walks of life, varying economic classes and cultures. A real stew pot, not unlike a typical DMV line. I'm not uncomfortable with my fellow job seekers in these situations, it's the people with the upper hand that I can't stand, like exam proctors, program managers and such. So often these people address the groups I'm in like unruly children. They shout, they're terse, unkind. Come on, I want to scream, we already feel bad about not having jobs! We are doing something about it! Don't make us feel worse.
This morning I took an exam for a job I am not even sure that I want. As requested, I arrived 20 minutes early for the exam. A sign on the door of the building asked the 50 or so of us test takers to wait outside until called in. It was cold this morning and they didn't even let us in until 30 minutes after we were asked to be there. Never mind that there was a warm, comfortable reception area just through the doors. No, just wait outside like dogs until we say you can come in. It was so unnecessary.
That's it. I just want to complain. Wahh!
3 comments:
Hang in there Niki! I have a good feeling about you getting a job soon.
that was really rude of them to make you wait outside! that sucks!
That is terrible & mean of them!
I hope you find a job soon :(
Post a Comment