Friday, December 12, 2008

My favorite


I am not afraid to say that Heylove is my favorite in the house right now. She's the only one who still does what I say.

Phew! Haven't been here for a while. What can I say? Job hunt is still going on. I have decided to use my cover letter to start addressing the reason for my 2+ year gap in employment history. At this point, I figure it can't really hurt me more than potential employers thinking that I am so unemployable that no one has chosen to hire me over the past two years. It was probably a mistake not to explain it on the million or so cover letters and resumes that I've sent out over the past few months. So there I go. Slight change in strategy, moving full speed ahead!

Ira has been pretty funny lately. He's decided that I am Dora and he is Boots. These are characters from a kid's show, in case you aren't following. We slip in and out of character when we remember. It's kind of precious to see him develop his imaginary play. It even cracks me up how he remembers so much. Last weekend, Leon got pooped on by a bird in a tree. Ira kept talking about it and laughing. "Mama, dada head poop mess! Twee, tweet, tweet [makes the sign for bird], ftttt [makes farting noise]!" Then he laughs. He is still the funniest guy he knows. He also had a little social break through with meeting new people. He's started introducing him self to other kids. He says "hi, kid!" pats his chest and says "Iwa. Iwa, Iwa, Iwa." It's sweet to see, but he alternates this with a smack, shove or throwing sand. I can never tell which it's going to be. I know the hitting is a phase and it will end someday, but here in the thick of it, it feels like it's been going on forever!

Been making food. Scratch that, been making soup. I made a spinastrone soup (minstrone + spinach) and we had it all week for lunch or dinner. In my imaginary America's Next Top Housewife show, the judges will review my soup and its cost per serving very favorably. I also made some spelt crackers to accompany (for mere pennies) that came out disastrous at first, but the second batch were beautiful. Baking ain't nothing to be effed with. That is why it's important to follow recipes.

3 comments:

Les said...

Dora!

Thanks for the heads up on the spelt crackers. I have all the ingredients minus spelt flour & I'll definitely follow the intructions step by step.

Good luck with the job hunt! I'm on the same boat :\

Shannon said...

I hope the cost per serving of your fresh veggie rolls wasn't too high otherwise B and I might owe you some money! They were excellent after-dancing fuel!

lisa ninja said...

That's funny. When Roan was around that age, she always made me be Dora too. I NEVER got to be boots. I had to be Dora and help her (Boots) pick (pretend) berries.