
I love me some Bariani olive oil, but that stuff ain't that cheap. We usually get ours from the farmer's market, where I think an actual Bariani sells it to us. I love using it for salad dressings and any other dish where it can stand front and center. If it weren't so much, I'd use it for my everyday sauteing and roasting. Hell, if it weren't so much, I'd bathe myself in it. Instead I've been using some cheap stuff from Trader Joe's at about $4.99 a bottle. So you know I was thrilled when I found my precious Bariani at the co-op for a mere 18 cents an ounce in the BULK section! How could I have missed this before? In the bottle, I'd been paying around 65 cents an ounce for it, so the bulk price is a real steal, comparatively. I can't wait to run out of our cheap oil so I can load up on the Bariani.
4 comments:
So is it in a tank or something and you fill up your own bottle? We love that stuff!
Yeah, it's along the back wall by the wine. You can also get cheaper regular olive oil and good maple syrup. Just bring your own container and remember to note the tare weight. They sell canning jars beneath the oils in case you don't have any. Dude, I have a small present for you!
I'd like to know more about the feast in the photo. What is that stuff in the back with the dark edges? It looks like something I might like!
On the plate: mushrooms, garlic mashed potatoes, fava beans and a parmesan crisp. Delish! Most of it bathed in Bariani olive oil.
Post a Comment