
Monday's bentos
Originally uploaded by riblet.
Whenever I visit other parts of the country, I'm always relieved to come back to California. Our recent trip to Palm Springs had me feeling a little home sick. It's so far from here and the culture and terrain so different. Coming back to Northern California was as relieving as if we had returned from a different country. I was so glad to have cold, fresh produce and a more forgiving climate for toting Ira's string cheese. This week's visit to the Sunday Farmer's Market was never sweeter. We picked up some delicious Casselman plums, which we've been snacking on all week. Red and yellow on the outside and sweet and peach-like in the center. I'm bummed not to have tried these earlier!
Ira and I hit some parks this week. That kid needs to be run like a dog and I like taking him to the park behind Sierra II to do this. It's mostly fenced in and the large soccer field area is a good place to let him run bonkers. The playground offers some good, challenging equipment for him too. It has swings, slides, ladders and sand. I was watching Ira play in the sand when I noticed another mother encourage her toddler to pull down her pants and pee in the grass. I was totally grossed out by this! Peeing in public is not okay for anyone! Even little tykes. Who wants to cozy up on a nice patch of grass that some little kid peed on? Ewww. Further, no one wants to smell this as it's happening. Some moms drive me crazy, but you know what? It's a bad example to call someone out in front of their kid.
5 comments:
That is horrible! I hate when people feel the world is their own restroom.
I looked it up and it's also against the law. Maybe I could have made a citizen's arrest.
I wonder if it was the same mother who let her kid eat that candy out of that dirty puddle.
Chris Hanson should be told about this.
Dude, seriously? So wrong.
I've played kickball on that field! Ewwwww.
Post a Comment