Thursday, August 28, 2008

Making some things



I've been feeling pretty productive the last two days. I'm unstoppable! Here's what is keeping me busy (including sifting through all kinds of jobs on craigslist):

1. Making gorp for Leon's hike on Sunday - count me out! I'm still recovering from the Loch Leven Lakes hike last weekend.

2. Cooking tons of tiny, little tofu nut balls for Ira. He loves these and they are very nutritious.

3. Toddler lounge wear. Check out these pants I made!

4. Making fantastic progress on my 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle which is titled "The Gift." It pictures a mystical lady, a white buffalo, a majestic eagle and other creatures hidden in a snow scene. One problem, I'm missing a piece and I think Ira ate it or stuffed it down one of the floor vents.

4 comments:

Alice said...

oh no!! i hate it when puzzles are missing pieces. it's a total mind fuck!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I'm going to try that nut ball recipe! I'm currently tormenting the fam with lots of cauliflower puree-infused stuffs from the Seinfeld book you referenced before...they hate me!

- hs

Shannon said...

Those tofu nut balls are sounding pretty tasty! Tell Ira to guard his bento box when I'm around.

Teeni said...

They are delicious! For the tofu nut ball recipe, I cook the rice in veggie broth and I add a pinch of sage, thyme, oregano and the teeniest pinch of salt, too. I feel like this recipe would make a good tofu nut burger patty, but I have yet to try it.