
Bad night
Originally uploaded by riblet.
I hate to keep blogging about bad nights, but man was last night bad! Ira didn't go to sleep until 9:30 PM and then he woke up promptly at 5:20 AM. My life hates me. Moving on.
So, sometimes I feel like I'm the unofficial expert on Alhambra Blvd. I swear I'm walking up and down it once a day. Most times I'm all about it. It's got almost every type of business, a bunch of housing and even a park. So functional. There are some rough spots though and quite a lot of new developments. Because you care, here is this week's Alhambra Blvd. news.
5. What? Another Peet's? Check out Alhambra and Folsom. This business is spreading across downtown like a rash. Oh, well. At least it's not another Rite Aid.
4. Total Crimp in my Route Award goes to Cal Trans. They're doing some work on the building at S street and the sidewalk is closed. Don't you people know that's how I get to the Post Office? Seriously, the other side of the street is so not stroller friendly.
3. Trammell-Crow development at S street. Looks like they're making great progress pushing around a huge mound of dirt. Thank goodness all that standing water is gone now.
2. Don't forget about CAWZLOS "demo release" show (with art by Natalie) next Thursday at the Distillery! How could I forget, the ubiquitous fliers are so...compelling. I love art by Natalie. Almost as much as I love Thursday night demo release parties. While I'm on fliers, please, please don't forget about the lost mini pincher, Ray-Ray. He's still lost, and he's still somebody's baby. And sorry ladies, he can't have babies because he's still "fix."
1. I can't believe I finally saw the guy who's putting the Eyesore signs on the old gas station at T street! It's an old guy just like I thought. I want to catch this guy to tell him to cool it. They're moving the gas station, ok? Just not right this second. I can't wait to see what kind of signs he's going to post on the huge 4-story condo building that replaces the gas station.
I fully accept that this list will be funny to Leon and maybe Guphy.
4 comments:
wha? four story condo at that spot? no shitting?
did Ira go back to sleep after 5:20?
Peet's seems to be using the Starbuck's strategy of moving in right next door to an existing coffee shop. They are popping up right next to Starbuck's these days. That'll either put the bucks out of business or just establish those corners as coffee districts.
I laughed a bit too but I always laugh at things you say because you're obvs funny!
Yeah, I type things like obvs now.
I love the list! Sorry it took me this long to find.
Chronicling streets is the best!
I would like to add that the California scrubs guy's big ass truck is still in the bike lane and half in the 15 minute parking green zone!
gbomb
Post a Comment