Monday, April 28, 2008

SPRING BREAK 2008!


SPRING BREAK 2008!
Originally uploaded by riblet.

It's been downright hot, but we all know that it's still spring. Aside from the killer allergies (I keep getting hives!), I love, love, love this time of year. Here are 5 very spring things I saw over the past few days:

1. Fava beans at the farmer's market. Always buy way more than you think you need. A pound of pods only yields about 1/2 cup of beans.
2. Ducks....doing it. Ahem.
3. And as a result: ducklings. So cute.
4. If you thought it couldn't get cuter than ducklings, then you should have seen the baby squirrels at Southside Park today. Cutest ever!
5. All those orange trees in bloom. Have you stood under one of these? They smell incredible!

3 comments:

Alice said...

i'm always super happy when that orange blossom smell gets going. it's easiest to smell at night just after dusk. i heard that's when the blossoms release their perfume but i'm no botanist so i could be wrong about that. anyways, it makes evening walks just that much more special.

Teeni said...

I think you're right! They do seem more fragrant in the evening.

Minmade said...

My lemon tree [which is still pretty bare BTW] smells really delicious. For the past year and a half I thought the smell was coming from my neighbours. I don't know why it took me so long to realise it was my lemon tree. mmmmm.