Monday, April 07, 2008

100% better


100% better
Originally uploaded by riblet.

Check out this dog. She's completely recovered from the tail amputation! In fact, it was only like a few days before she was running around the back yard, begging us for a game of fetch or tug. She's so much happier without that stupid tail anyway. And she smells a lot better, which we love. She's also getting her figure back since we cut down on her food a couple of months ago. Before you know it, this Boston is going to be in tip-top shape! I just hope her hair around the surgical site grows back before winter or she's going to really freeze her butt off. Today, I entered her into a photo contest. Let's see if this pretty mug can win her a couple hundred bully sticks. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

CM said...

Yeah, tails are stupid. I got mine removed too.

Anonymous said...

Awww....poor little corkscrewer!

If it's any consolation, the Seamas is a few inches shorter from a raccoon and amputation. I was preg at the time and nearly fell all over the vet's floor begging them to save his tail. Turns out, dogs with amputated tails who like to wag build up blood pressure. A lot. Not a good idea.

Anyway. tangent on the tail. So glad the Heylove is better! Maybe we can get our dogs together soon so they can exchange recovery notes.
xowa