
Sad boston
Originally uploaded by riblet.
I don't always agree with the Dog Whisperer. He uses too much force at times. But I do agree that certain behaviors are innate in some breeds and sometimes therapy has to be based on those. Like when he takes a neurotic border collie to a sheep ranch and lets the dog go crazy herding animals for a couple of hours. Or when he puts a heavy backpack on a rotty. The dogs seem so re-centered and calm afterwards.
Lately Heylove has been acting kind of weird/depressed. She stands outside and looks in through our back door, shivering. It's so sad! I know she wants to come in and be warm, but Ira makes her nervous. I always call her in and try to get her to hang out with me during his naps. Sometimes she's into it, and sometimes not. Other times, I put a sweater on her and let her go back outside. At least that way she'll keep warm. I wonder what the Dog Whisperer would make Heylove do? Her breed was not meant to do anything specific other than be a nice companion dog. If Heylove could talk, she would tell us that she was born to lick faces and play tug. I sensed this, and after breakfast today I called her in and surprised her with a nice game of tug. She really livened up! She and I felt a lot better afterwards. Heylove got to play her favorite game and I felt like a better dog mom for being a little more interactive. I have my hands full with Ira and housework all day that poor Heylove gets lost in my list of priorities. Poor girl. We need a dog nanny!
3 comments:
I will be her dog nanny!
Does Heylove like carrots? If so, I think she might like hanging out with me and the Mr.
She enjoys her carrots cooked.
Post a Comment