Monday, August 06, 2007

Neon family portrait


Neon family portriat
Originally uploaded by riblet.

Mang, I haven't blogged in a while. I have no idea where to start catching up. Baby Neon is going nuts scampering around the house. I have to constantly trail him to make sure he doesn't get into danger. My parenting these days boils down to straight suicide watch for this wee little bairn.

Well it's August and I'm stoked because so many delicious things are in season. I used to think that spring time was the best. Maybe it is elsewhere, but I think Sacramento's agricultural bounty hits it's peak here in late summer. I've been holding out for awesome tomatoes and they're finally here! Luckily my elderly neighbor has been passing some really ripe beauties over the fence. Saturday night I made a refreshing gazpacho with them. Sunday, Leon made us tomato and basil sandwiches. We've been hitting the farmers market pretty regularly and loading up on cantaloupes, basil and peaches (Bavarian pretzels, too). I've been picking up potatoes from the potato guy, as well. I know potatoes don't scream summer, but for some reason we are on a mashed potato kick and the potato guy lets me practice my Spanish with him.

What else? So we had our portraits taken last weekend. RC came out to our place with her crew and they took some professional style photos of us, except it's RC, so she kept it casual for us. We've been friends for almost 20 years now. Wow! I'm old. This is the part where you tell me that I look so young.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You look so young! [This is the part where you say, "thanks, so do you".]

werenotdeep said...

That is the best family portrait I have ever, ever seen. I'm going to award that honor to both the photographer and the family.