Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Just chilling


Neon family
Originally uploaded by riblet.

What is up, mang? I'm just chilling with my crew. That's MC Dad and Lil' Sh*t in the picture with me.

Oh geez. Let's break it down now. What's been happening? If my life were a pie chart, the wedges would look something like this:

40% thinking about, making and scheduling baby foods. Trust me, it's a science!

10% general worrying. What will Ira's next poop look like? Will it 'splode up his back? Will I have enough wipes?! Will Elisabeth Hasselbeck ever see the light?

10% figuring out what combination of frozen foods will be my and Leon's dinner.

10% "cleaning." Or, just putting all the magazines and junk mail in neater piles.

5% trying to practice my Spanish at local taquerias. I get a few puzzled looks from some of the cashiers, like "what, you don't speak Spanish? Aren't you mexican?" I always have to explain, "of course not, I'm Chicano!"

1% taking a spill on a steep trail. Me and Heylove got a little tangled up on Sunday during a Neon family hike in Newcastle. Heylove is fine but I took a nasty fall trying to avoid her. Luckily, the combat-style roll I did didn't land me down the steep, poison oak infested ravine. I got some scrapes and crimped my back a little. Oh, and Ira was on Leon's back, a good, safe distance from my clumsiness.

24% playing with Ira. He's getting so fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you guys and Love this picture. With a capital L.

I bet Ira is loads of fun now! I can't wait to see his little face again!

Anything I can send you guys from London?

love,

me

Anonymous said...

Oh no! scary fall.
Otherwise, your days sound about blissfully, pleasantly right. Yes, the poop splodes up the back. But hey, splode happens.

I heart you teeniest.
~wingnut a.