Friday, June 15, 2007

Oh, nature.


Us at Glacier Point
Originally uploaded by riblet.

We took a Neon family trip to Yosemite this week.



Ira was very excited to visit his first national park. He's a mountain mouse like his dad.




We saw tons of amazing nature. Here's Yosemite Falls, the tallest waterfalls in North America.




I didn't realize how tall the falls really were until we hiked to the top of Sentinel dome and got awesome 360 views of the park. It seems weird, but looking down on everything actually made me appreciate the size of what I was looking up at from the valley floor.




I wanted to see a meadow, so we hiked to this one. There were signs warning us of bears at the trailhead. I suddenly became extremely bear-anoid. Alas, we saw no bears.




Ira was perfectly happy to ride on Leon's back everywhere we went. Hell, I carried him for 9 months. It's the least dad can do.




We went on a lot of little hikes each day. Here's where we rested our tired bones the last night. Curry Village. It was a bustling rash of tent cabins. I could hear road work all night, just like at home. Next time, if we stay here, I am bringing earplugs.




We couldn't leave without seeing giant trees. Here's an especially big one. It was about 2700 years old. I found that endlessly impressive.



We came home exhausted, but really stoked about our trip. We're already planning for next year.

No comments: