
I kept hearing about this book called Super Baby Food in all the mommy's groups I go to. Apparently this is the bible of feeding your baby solids and many follow it to a tee. I picked up my copy and have had my nose stuck in it for the last two months.
It's amazing how much of a science this baby food thing is turning out to be! First we are working off a list of foods that are tame enough for his age. Then we are introducing new foods every four days in order to single out any possible allergies. And we are making everything he eats except for the teething biscuits. Back in the '70s my mom would have poured a Pepsi in my bottle, handed me a cigarette to play with and called it a day. Times have changed. Oh, that Pepsi part really happened.
I am really concerned about feeding Ira all the right things and making sure that he gets off to the best possible nutritional start. Since we're raising him vegetarian-style, I feel like I need to make sure I do an extra awesome job of feeding him. I want him to grow to 6 and a half feet tall and brag about how he's never eaten meat.
Speaking of meat. I recently made some really meaty grilled mushrooms. They were so nice I'm making them again this week, except no favas this time. I have some broccoli, but I never know what to do with it besides steaming it.
2 comments:
we are doing the super baby food thing, too! the information is really useful, but i often get irritated with the blatant lack of a good editor. misspellings and dangling participles galore! anyway - did you notice how much the 7-month old is supposed to eat? yowza! and making sure to combine the vitamin a with the vitamin c while still serving the super green veggies...i literally have a notebook two-inches thick with my own written schedules and timetables and what to eat on which days. ayler is loving tofu, but not mixed with peas, and prefers papaya above all others. one word of caution: double-check with your pediatrician because mine told me absolutely not to give him egg yolks (even though sbf says to) until at least 9-12mo. there were a few other exceptions, too. sorry so wordy! i miss you guys!
- hs
Wow that baby food thing sounds complicated. Hey, you turned out all right with the Pepsi in a bottle right? Oh Amy Sedaris in on Earl right now!
Post a Comment