
Take two
Originally uploaded by riblet.
Or
Times in the life of Neon
Or
Neon: the Time of Our Lives
Or
I'll Do My Best to Catch Up on the last few days
Pipas were here! We were so glad to have them. We are old touring pals and haven't seen them in a couple of years, so it was a real treat to catch up with Mark & Lupe while they were in town. Ira really turned on the charm for these guys and it damn near got him stowed away in the trunk of Pipas rental car. Mark invited us to his wedding in September. I really hope we can make it even though it's all the way in NY. Leon has family there that hasn't met Ira yet, so we have at least two reasons to go. Or three if you count this vegetable peeler that I've been wanting for years. This guy sells it at the Union Square farmer's market.
Oh, what else? I made food, I ate food. I made a lot of food for Ira. I ground up my own brown rice in our Vita Mix for rice cereal. I blended up some mangoes and papaya for mixing in with the cereal, too. I've got my own little system going with the vegetable and fruit purees in the freezer. Rice cereal gets made once every couple of days and is refrigerated until Ira eats it. Leon warmed up a frozen cube of sweet potato that I pureed a couple of weeks ago and said "who wouldn't make their own baby food? this is so easy!" Well, it is easy to pop the finished product in the microwave, but it takes a long time to get it there.
....
No comments:
Post a Comment