Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Phew, I made it.


Sars guys, not a lot to say right now because me and babers are mega busy eating and sleeping. Here's the run down with more details coming when Ira learns how to use Blogger:

Ira was born last Wednesday at 11:30 AM, after a 9 and a half hour labor. He just kind of blew in with the wind! We stayed in the hospital for about 4 days. My sense of time was pretty warped because I was on some heavy duty anti-seizure meds. So what else? Labor? Ouchy! Breastfeeding, also kind of ouchy. Hospital food? Salty! Baby Neon? Total preciousness!

Lates!

5 comments:

lisa ninja said...

Did they put you on mag? That stuff's the suck.

werenotdeep said...

Hey Niki. Nice baby.

Teeni said...

Dude, magnesium is effed up. I saw double for three days, couldn't walk on my own and kept saying weird things like "I have a superpower....I can groooowwww huuuumannnns inside of me."

lisa ninja said...

I fully understand mag hell. I got to be on it with both kids. In my experience, the longer you're on it the more effed up it is. I was on it a day longer the first time. I had that screwed up vision, couldn't walk at all and could barely stand up for very long. And I couldn't sleep on the stuff even though it made me completely lethargic.

With the second kid it wasn't as bad. My vision just started to get weird when they took me off of it.

I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. Mag is not fun. You have a beautiful boy, though. So worth it!

Alicia Patrice said...

i didn't get to hear you say that!

it is sorta a superpower....

:-)