
I got really mixed up on Sunday and couldn't remember if I was going to be 35 or 36 weeks today. I guess it's 35 weeks. Here's everyone on the flickr stoll at 35 weeks also. Only two more weeks and I'm full term. That means baby can pretty much come whenever after that. Heck, baby can arrive anytime now if he wants. Still so much to do! The laundry room is a mess and I still have tons of baby laundry to wash. I need to get diapers, a changing pad, a pump, newborn clothes, exchange my car seat, and sleep as much as I possibly can. Mostly I feel really exhausted this week. My pelvic pain has been so excruciating that at night, it's so difficult to turn over or get out of bed. I have a prenatal massage scheduled for next week! Free for pregnants from the Healing Arts in Citrus Heights. They told me to tell all my friends, but I don't have many pregnant friends in town, so readers, in case you are pregnant or will be pregnant at some time or other, call the Healing Arts massage school. They will give you a free prenatal massage.
I was able to get some baby wipes made and a nursing cover done this weekend. Here's the cover:

Making this was tough! I'm a very inexperienced seamstress and I fussed and messed with this thing for about 4 hours. First I picked up this gorgeous fabric at JoAnn's, along with the a little boning and a couple of d-rings for the buckle. Then I went to Goore's to measure out the real version. It's 35" wide, 24" long with a two-part, centered strap at the top, where one side is 3" long (this one has the d-rings) and the other is 23" long. Then 16" of boning gets sewn into the top seam between the straps. Someone much better at sewing than myself could probably make this alot easier and more professional looking. Here are more pictures from my finished project on my flickr.
4 comments:
That's a really cool pattern on that thing! It was also nice to see you Friday night. Looking forward to Saturday, too!
How do you make baby wipes? Aren't wipes those wet things you clean their bottoms with?
Yep, they can be made out of flannel. You would put them in a wipe warmer to keep them wet and wash them with diapers when they're used.
That nursing cover is awesome. I wish I had known about those things when I had newborns. A mom from our preschool uses one. I didn't realise that they had the boning so you could look down and see what's going on. Well, maybe with the next kid! Heh, my husband thinks I'm insane for even joking about having another kid. Maybe I'll just try to make one for my sister-in-law. She's due in January. Thanks for posting your pattern.
Post a Comment