
I didn't take a picture yet, but I made my own nursing cover this weekend. I went with Mariah to the fabric store to get some flannels for baby wipes I'm making and spied a girl in line at the fabric cutting table holding a bolt of the exact same print that the bebe au lait nursing covers come in. I got really inspired to try to make my own cover, so I picked up a yard and a half of that fabric, some boning and a set of d-rings. Then I dragged poor Mo to Goore's, where I knew they had the nursing cover. We did some covert measurements, which I recorded in my Palm and we left for home. It took me about 4 hours to cut, iron, sew and fuss over and then it was done. I've never sewed anything beyond a pillow case, so this was a big accomplishment for me and my sewing machine. I don't really understand how to get the thread tension right, so my seams are a little janky looking. But, unless you're totally examining it, you can't tell so much that it's a total fake.
Ugh! I won you, Goore's! I ownnnnn youuuuuu!!
No comments:
Post a Comment