Monday, July 10, 2006

Reading books about cooking


In keeping up with my current infatuation with Tony Bourdain, I finally got his new collection of bits & pieces from the library, The Nasty Bits. I'm only through the first 3 or 4 stories, but I already don't want it to end. I love this guys writing. I've started to line up a couple of other food books to keep me going after this one. The Les Halles cookbook (which I'll buy because hey, it's a cookbook), looked gorgeous when I was thumbing through it at a bookstore in Mt. Shasta. And then I'm putting Heat by Bill Bruford in my library request queue because it looks like more of that behind the scenes in a busy kitchen stuff that I really like to read about.

1 comment:

cakegrrl said...

Psstt...I heard a rumor that the Peach shakes are in at Whitey's... ;)