
I finally got the dog book I heard about on NPR a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it. It does a wonderful job of showing just how comforting it is for humans to relate to dogs. I have considered taking up rescue again, but after futher thought, I am not sure my cats or little ribs could hang with it. Maybe I'll be able to do something else helpful instead. Doggy Dash is coming up soon and I've always wanted to do that...it's a start.
Speaking of dogs, we figured out what's wrong with Heylove. She's highly allergic to the mold growing in the bedroom (thanks rain). We got her on some steroids (you should see how much she can bench now!) and the stuffy nose went right away. The problem with this is that steroid treatment can't be a longterm solution because the meds will eventually hurt her. We really need to fix the house. Oy. Us and who's wallet? Can't I just call the landlord?
The other book I read recently is much too embarrasing to admit to liking. It's written by a once pregnant pin-up girl. It was frank and pretty funny. That's all I'm saying about it.
1 comment:
Link and I used to do the doggy dash every year. It used to be at CSUS (I haven't been to it since it moved to Land Park). The last time we went Roan was a baby and some guys dog lifted his leg and peed on her stroller. The dog's owner was mortified and washed it off with some complimentary bottled water. I just laughed.
Post a Comment