
This Saturday is Yappy Hour at the Bernardo/Monkey Bar corner from 3 - 5pm. Mmm, portabello sandwich for me, organic biscuits and water for Heylove. I might put her in the bee costume for the occasion since the event is being described as a costume party, for whatever reason...but Heylove ate the antennae piece. More places should allow well-behaved dogs around.
More about pets. I'm listening to Be Your Own Pet right now. I hate to quickly classify this as "riot grrrl" sounding since it has a girl singer that borrows a little Kathleen Hanna/Polly Styrene-style squealing, but I feel like I would have really loved this in 1994 - 1997. The older, less angry me thinks it's okay. Not something I would spin regularly though. A girl's aesthetic tastes can change eventhough her heart keeps the same politics, more or less.
2 comments:
From: http://www.paragarys.com/news.asp
Saturday, June 3, 2006 3:00pm-5:00pm
Pooch Patio Party
Celebrate Cafe Bernardo Midtown's new dog-friendly patio with a costume party for your pooches! There will be a prize for the best costume, free water bowls for the first 25 dogs through the gate, and freshly baked dog biscuits free to all dogs!
tell me about it! i've avoided be your own pet based strictly on all the press they've received. if you had told 1995 me that team dresch would break up, reform, and i wouldn't care at all i would've looked at you like you were nuts! instead i'm too busy enjoying my more middle of the road dude fronted indie rock. my politics have softened!
oh, btw, everyone here takes their dogs everywhere. even places that say no dogs seem to allow dogs! i love it! -y.k.w.
Post a Comment