Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I got nothing today


Yep, I'm pretty busy at work today. Remember when I went to Nottingham Castle and found this Soft Whippy truck? That was fun. "But mummy, I just have to have a soft whippy!"

My 11 year high school reunion is on Saturday. Why 11 years? Because the planning comittee couldn't get it together in time for 10 years. I really don't care enough to go. I didn't have that many friends in my class. The only one I really cared about, I still talk to. The last invitation reminder I received had our big class photo on the front. I was still trying to decide if I wanted to go, so I asked Leon what he thought I should do.

He asked, "where are you in this picture?"
I said "oh, I'm in there...towards the back, I think. The popular kids are in front."
Then he asked "you know who's going to be at the reunion? All these people in the front. Do you really want to see and talk to them?"

I guess not.

Plus, it's like $81 dollars a person. I highly doubt I'll be getting my money's worth in fun. Even with the "taste of tuscany" buffet that's promised in the invitation.

2 comments:

Alice said...

yours sounds exactly like mine! mine is an 11 year reunion instead of 10 because they were slackers. and, i think the meal is 'taste of tuscany' or some shite like that. only difference is that my friends and i were in the front of the photo. we had an art-geek critical mass that year. honestly, i think we hella stepped on the popular kids' toes with our aggressive uniqueness or whatever you want to call it when a group of 17 year olds do the things we did.

Anonymous said...

you not being able to drink means you will not be getting your $81 worth. eh, skip it.

go to the 20.