Friday, April 07, 2006

I got my wings


I got an Amazon GC for my birthday (thanks M&J!), but it took forever to decide what I wanted to get. So I got this necklace and something boring that I needed.

Yesterday after work, I was starving so Leon suggested we go out and grab a bite at the new Opa! Opa! I'm a falafel lover and I heard they had it, so we went to eat what we could eat. Okay, so this place gets a total thumbs down on falafel. I couldn't even finish it. I ordered a falafel pita and a side of some kind of greeky salad. The small side salad conisted of old tomatoes, red onions, slimy cukes, 3 kalamata olives and a dalop of feta cheese on top. It would have been good if it were fresh, but it tasted like it had been sitting in a prep tub for more than 24 hours. The falafel was not much better. About 4 discs of rubbery falafel sat in a greasy pita with tahini, romaine lettuce, 2 roma tomato slices and 2 pickle chips. There seemed to be some kind of hot sauce at one end of my pita, too. While these are all things I'm accustomed to having in my falafel sandwiches, the falafel itself as so weak that it ruined the whole experience. It just tasted stale and old. The texture was kind of rubbery and cold. I left the meal feeling so unsatisfied. Leon had the same thing more or less. We paid about $22 to hate this meal. I feel so ripped off.

No comments: