
Heylove wants me to get this book because she heard about it on Fresh Air yesterday. I listened to a rebroadcast of the program, and the little ribs is right, this book is totally up my alley. Reminds me of the two sweet pit mixes I used to have and the other ones we saved.
Here's an excerpt from one rescue story about a rowdy looking pit:
"He [the pitbull] settled into the passenger's seat, and I pulled onto the highway, talking to him the entire time. After a few minutes he began leaning toward me. Then he put a paw on my lap. Next he was sitting on top of me, turning to face me, and settling down with his back to the road, his face staring directly into mine.
"What are you doing?" I asked, nervous, a little, to find out. I didn't think he would attack me, but we were in a closed-in space, on the road -- not a place to find out. Out came his tongue, and the kisses began. Now I was laughing, and still unable to see where I was going.
Sweet dog!
1 comment:
my mom's dog sasha gets so excited when she hears my name. i went to visit them up in grass valley yesterday. apparently, my mom told her earlier in the day that i was coming to visit and she kept going out on the balcony to see if i had arrived yet. so sweeet!
Post a Comment