
I've been known to bag on Trader Joe's once in a while. I do a lot of my shopping there. It's close to my house and I can find all that frou-frou stuff that I like to cook with (shallots, fancy cheese, tiny potatoes) for pretty cheap. I now have a theory on why some of the house label stuff is so cheap: shared equiptment! For instance, the hummus is cheap because it shares a conveyor belt with crab salad and that's why it tastes fishy, too. The dry pasta all tastes like Cinnamon Joe's Crunch eventhough the packaging doesn't say that the two products share equiptment...I'm sure they must. But occasionally I find something there that is just perfect. The vanilla almond granola clusters are one, the salsa autentica is another. I think I just found my new snack. Savory soy crisps! These delicious little rice cracker, flax seed and soy sauce flavored treats are killer. Killer in the sense that you will eat one, then two, then 34 and you'll end up with a stomach ache for eating too many of them. But damn it if it doesn't hurt so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment